Bravely going where no sheep on Oasis has gone before!
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:38 pm 
Site Admin

We have discussed this several times and the topic is addressed on the website on the "Loot Policy" page, but I want to go over it again because of it's potential impact on the guild.

There ARE going to be times when 25+ raiders show up on time, ready to raid. I suspect it will happen this Saturday. It's certainly not a fun scenario to deal with, but I'd rather deal with the challenge of too many raiders than not enough.

When this situation does come up, here's how it will be handled:

1) The raid leader will ask for a volunteer(s) that is/are willing to sit out. Now, if we only have 4 healers, we obviously can't afford to have a healer volunteer to sit out, so keep that in mind. Same goes for any class that is crucial to the particular raid we are attempting. The raid leader has discretion here.

2) Those that volunteer are guaranteed a spot on the next raid.

3) Those that volunteer can still earn DKP as if they were raiding, provided they do the following:

a) Remain available to join the raid if someone has to leave early. This means you have to be reachable either via /tell, a vent shout, or even a text number by which someone can get your attention.

b) Sitters may be asked to contribute to the raid in other ways besides raiding. This includes possibly selling an item for us on Oasisloot so that the raid members can continue killing and keeping our raid time efficient. If you have a strong objection to being tagged for selling please let an officer know. Other contributions that might be asked of you is running a flag to the next destination if you are not otherwise busy in game.

That's about as fair as I can make it, guys. I expect everyone to be understanding and to keep the big picture in mind.

My goal is to never have the same person sidelined more than once a week. Feel free to post any questions or comments about the subject.

Rock on, Black Sheep!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm 
Site Admin

This post was originally taken from the old forums and was written by Menuke, but I want to clarify something that doesn't seem to be covered here.

Those that are asked to sit and receive their bonus dkp for doing so because they were online and ready to raid on time can earn dkp like the rest of the raid *if* they stay available and are ready to come in to the raid at any time. This is stated above. What wasn't really covered is what happens if they don't want to stay available?

If you are asked to sit at raid start time you are free to go do what you want. Run instances, pickup raids, or even just log off. Because you were asked to sit when you wanted to raid we offer you that courtesy (you shouldn't have to just sit and listen to vent for 4 hours on a night you wanted to have some fun). If you choose to go raid elsewhere on alts, or run zones etc...you don't earn dkp like the rest of the raid and you lose the ability to bid on items dropping because you are essentially not available and are off earning rewards elsewhere. This can sound a little confusing because this guild also has the policy of "If you're online and needed in raid you must be there." Just realize that this is a special courtesy we extend specifically to folks that are asked to sit when raid time rolls around and we have too many wanting to raid. Hopefully this will clear up some of the confusions.