Bravely going where no sheep on Oasis has gone before!
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

Let me share a little bit about myself to give you a clearer picture of the goals and purpose of Black Sheep. I am a busy, working adult, and as such my free time is limited. I love MMOs, and a great majority of the free time I have is spent playing them.

I have a personal desire to "conquer" EverQuest 2. For me, that means beating the biggest and baddest monsters the game has to offer and depriving them of their treasures. To accomplish that goal, I had a couple of options.

1. Join an existing raiding guild.
  2. Build a raiding guild from scratch.

Option 1 would have been a much easier road, but there were some problems with going that route. The biggest obstacle for me was the time factor. I simply cannot raid 6 days a week for 4 or 5 hours a night because of time constraints. Most of the hardcore guilds required a greater time commitment than I could afford, and the existing casual guilds lacked the necessary organization and drive to get where I wanted to go. And so I decided to go with option 2 and build something in between.

The fact is, it only takes 24, well organized individuals to do the hardest stuff in EverQuest 2. I figured there had to be at least 23 other people on the Oasis server that were in a similar situation as myself and looking for the same thing. Finding those 23 people was much more difficult than I envisioned, but with a lot of hard work and determination, we managed to hunt them down and put together a fine raid force!

The membership of every guild is in a constant state of flux. I do my best to keep the home page updated with the classes we are currently recruiting. If you are looking at Black Sheep as a potential home, there are a few things you should know. Here is what I am looking for in potential members:

1. Team spirit - I need people that understand the ultimate objective is to build a solid team, and that individual goals will be attained as a result of putting the team first.
  2. Common purpose - The goals of this guild are clear. We are building a raid force to take down the hardest stuff in the game. If that's not what you want to do, that's fine, but Black Sheep is not the place for you.
  3. Commitment - We may not raid 6 nights a week for 5 hours at a time, but we DO raid 3 - 4 nights a week for several hours at a time. This is necessary to make progress in the raid game.
  4. Patience - Guilds are in a constant state of flux. It takes time to build a solid raid force. It takes time to gear up before you can move on to the next phase. It takes practice (and many deaths) to learn raid encounters.
  5. Respect - I have little patience for guild drama. I play the game to have fun, and to win, not to babysit. I expect members to treat each other with respect at all times. It's been an amazing journey building this guild and watching it grow. I look forward to many more epic adventures with Black Sheep!

Sincerely,

Menuke Muggly'Fudda

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:14 pm 
Site Admin

Additional Thoughts from Arieva, Successor to Menuke and current leader of Black Sheep

Its my honor to keep the success going that Menuke has built in this eq2 guild, Black Sheep, for as long as Everquest 2 holds my interest and I'm able to fulfill the job as its leader. I've been present for a large portion of this guilds history, tho not as long as some still playing within the guild. I've seen the game get more complex with each and every content release and Black Sheep has adapted and prevailed. This is a very different guild than the one I first joined and I'd like to think I had a strong role in affecting those changes within it. I thank Menuke and the members of Black Sheep for singling me out by offering me the position of Senior Officer, and when it was time for Menuke to take a break from MMO gaming, being willing to follow me as Leader of Black Sheep.

I can't think of many other Oasis guilds who have had the longevity of Black Sheep as a successfull raiding guild. So many form, then crumble. It's my belief that Black Sheep has escaped the fate of so many other guilds that have toppled, and will continue to do so, due to strong leadership and a modest approach to raiding. We strive to be the best that we can be. This is a very different goal than being the top on any progression list or website that ranks progression. Yet still we rank competitively among our server peers. I've been proud to be a part of this guild during my recreational time spent playing Everquest 2, and value the friendships I've made with others that play alongside me.